|Protein Name||Recombinant SARS-CoV-2 Spike RBD + SD1 + SD2 Protein|
|Purity||95% or above|
|Protein Construction||A DNA sequence encoding the SARS-CoV-2 (2019-nCoV) spike protein receptor binding domain together with subdomain 1 and subdomain 2 (Glu309-Ala684)|
|Endotoxin||<0.1 EU per ug of protein as determined by LAL method|
|Origin Species||Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) isolate Wuhan-Hu-1|
|Purification tag||C-terminal 6x His-tag|
|Molecule Mass||Predicted molecular weight 42.9kD|
|Regulation restrictions||For research use only|
|Shipping||Recombinant proteins are provided as frozen liquid and will be shipped out with dry ice.|
|Stability and storage||The protein is stable in a liquid state at -70℃ for 12 months. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.|
The SARS-CoV-2 (2019-nCoV) Spike RBD (receptor binding domain) has been identified as the key viral element allowing the virus docking to the target cells. RDB is recognized by the ACE2 surface membrane receptor [1-3]. RBD is a candidate for subunit prophylactic vaccines against SARS-CoVs [4, 5]. RBD is also at the center of therapeutic approaches, such as the development and testing of small peptide inhibitors or soluble ACE2 to block the SARS-CoV-2 entry into target cells .
- Li F., 2016. Structure, function, and evolution of coronavirus spike proteins. Annu. Rev. Virol. 3:237-261.
- Li F. et al., 2005. Structure of SARS coronavirus spike receptor-binding domain complexed with receptor. Science. 309:1864-1868.
- Walls A.C. et al., 2020. Structure, function, and antigenicity of the SARS-CoV-2 spike glycoprotein. Cell. 181(2):281-292.e6.
- Wang N. et al., 2020. Subunit vaccines against emerging pathogenic human coronaviruses. Front. Microbiol. 11:298. DOI: 10.3389/fmicb.2020.00298.
- Padron-Regalado E., 2020. Vaccines for SARS-CoV-2: Lessons from other coronavirus strains. Infect. Dis. Ther. DOI: 10.1007/s40121-020-00300-x.
- Monteil V.et al., 2020. Inhibition of SARS-CoV-2 infections in engineered human tissues using clinical-grade soluble human ACE2. Cell. 181:1-9.
There are no reviews yet.